Throw another log on the fire, don your comfiest slippers and pop the cork of that bottle of red you’ve been saving, because your next romantic winter escape is officially in your sights…
1. Nimbo Fork Lodge, Hinterland, NSW
For the ultimate in secluded getaways, Nimbo Fork Lodge offers the perfect setting for couples looking to unwind together and escape the daily grind.
2. Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, South Australia
This is luxury and remoteness in the most literal sense of the combined description. With just 21 rooms, Southern Ocean lodge took 10 years to create and it’s no wonder.
3. Sanctuary by Sirromet, Mount Cotton, Queensland
Located 30 minutes from Brisbane, half way to the Gold Coast, picturesque Mount Cotton houses a well-known vineyard called Sirromet.
4. Satellite Island, Tasmania
Ever wanted your own island to yourself with your lover? Tasmania’s Satellite Island makes it a reality – and it could be the best darn days of your life.
5. Tanja Lagoon Camp, Tanja, New South Wales
Situated almost six hours from the Sydney CBD, this rarely visited gem is absolutely made for the explorers keen to unwrap the next must-visit destination, out of the spotlight, before the rest of the travellers cotton on.
6. Glamping at Balgownie Estate Bendigo, Victoria
If what you seek when you head away for a break is something different to what you experience every day, then these luxury glamping tents are the ultimate destination.
7. Peninsula Hot Springs, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Located just 75 minutes from Melbourne, the natural hot springs in Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula are heated by the Earth’s core, 60 metres below, and then pumped up to the surface and filtered into the pools.
8. Bannisters by the Sea, Mollymook, New South Wales
The great thing about Bannisters by the Sea is the fact that it can cater to the kind of getaway you seek – and to your budget.
9. Daintree Ecolodge, Queensland
Situated high in the rainforest canopy, the Lagoon Bayans of Daintree Ecolodge provide the privacy many couples seek.
10. Empire Retreat, Margaret River, Western Australia
An adults-only destination that evokes relaxation and style with just the level of detail included in each luxury suite.
11. Longitude 131°, Uluru, Northern Territory
When asked to picture a romantic getaway, most people probably wouldn’t envision a night spent out in the desert alongside Uluru.